Baron Grey Solicitors is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all its clients.
When something does unfortunately go wrong, we need you to tell us about it immediately. This will enable us to deal with your problem and to take steps to ensure that it does not happen again.
Our Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint, please contact, in the first instance, the person in Baron Grey with whom you have been dealing.
You can do this:
By post to: 441 Richmond Road, Twickenham, TW1 2EF
By telephone on: 020 8891 4311
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise you can also contact our Principal, Vincent Hambleton-Grey (email@example.com), who has been designated to deal with such issues.
What Will Happen Next?
- We will acknowledge your complaint within seven days of receipt enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve your file being reviewed by a different member of staff than the person who acted for you.
- You will then receive a detailed written reply to your complaint, including any suggestions for resolving the matter where appropriate. We will normally do this within 21 days of the date of the acknowledgment letter. Occasionally if the matter is complicated, or the investigation takes longer than expected, we will let you know if we need further time.
- If you are still not satisfied having read our response, we will suggest a ‘round-table’ meeting at our offices to discuss the matter in an attempt to resolve it. This should take place within 14 days of you contacting us. You are under no obligation to attend a meeting but we believe that it many cases it can achieve a resolution.
- If you remain unsatisfied then you should contact us again and we will arrange for another member of staff to review your complaint.
- We will write to you again within 21 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
If for any reason we have to change any of the timescales above, we will contact you and explain why.
If we are unable to resolve your complaint then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates complaints about service issues with lawyers.
The Legal Ombudsman expects complaints to be made to them within a year of the date of the act or omission about which you are concerned or within a year of you realising there was a concern. You must also refer your concerns to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of our final response to you.
You can contact the Legal Ombudsman by:
Telephone: 0300 555 0333
Email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6167, Slough SL1 0EH
Should you have any concerns over the conduct of a solicitor with Baron Grey during their handling of your case, you should contact the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority.
They can be contacted as follows:
Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN
Tel: 0370 606 2555
Complaints about a client’s rights under the UK General Data Protection Regulation must be submitted to the Information Commissioner’s Office;
Get in touch
If you would like us to call you, please click through to complete our contact form and one of our solicitors will be delighted to call you back.